On June 6th, 1944 the Allied forces launched one of the largest amphibious assaults ever. This book follows the British and Commonwealth forces that overcame the German defenses and claimed Sword, Gold, and Juno beaches as well as the breakout after. The forces in the book are broken down into three major groups: you have your regular war weary units that form the backbone of your forces, you have your Desert Rat veterans and lastly you have your elite troops like the Commandos and Airborne units. These options are perfect to build any list for D-Day and the breakout
- Tough and deadly troops, able to hit hard in Assaults and hold their own when assaulted.
- Extra anti-tank with up to two PIATs in each platoon.
- Light unit with a good selection of integrated units, Anti-Tank, machine-guns and artillery, almost a whole army unto itself.
- Can parachute into battle in airborne assault missions.
- With the extra PIATs and access to 6pdrs and 17pdrs in the formation, this formation is one that tanks will need to be wary of.
- Elite deadly troops the Airlanding Company will be a hard unit to shift.
- The Airlanding Company is well equipped with their own light mortar and up to two PIATs in each platoon.
- Has the option to take a fourth Airlanding Platoon.
- Can land by glider in airborne assault missions.
- Has access to two 6pdr Anti-tank platoons and a 17pdr platoon to give you all the anti-tank assets an Airlanding Rifle Company could want.
- The Commando Troops are some of the most elite troops you can find. Being Fearless Vets is good, having Deadly on top of that makes them assault monsters hitting on a 2+, and that’s even better.
- The Commandos have the standard platoon layout but with the Commando stats this unit is far from standard.
- Commando Troops are small with only machine-guns and mortar units integrated into the formation. This makes them ideal to match up with another formation that could use some of the best troops backing them up.
- Commandos are good at pretty much anything they do. If you need to assault an Objective, hold an Objective, or take out a stubborn enemy platoon, there is no other unit in the book better suited to the job.